Gender-Based Violence at Work Video in Sinhala and Tamil
Solidarity Center’s video on gender-based violence at work is now available in Sinhala and Tamil.
The two-minute video explains the forms of gender-based violence at work, which include bullying, verbal abuse and stalking, systemic gendered imbalance between employers and workers that enables employers to get away with unsafe working conditions and other worker abuses.
The video also is available in English, Spanish and Russian.
Workers, employers and government officials currently are debating a proposed International Labor Organization (ILO) convention (regulation) that would address violence and harassment at work, and the video ends with a call to action to join the campaign.
Find out more about the campaign to Stop Gender-Based Violence at Work!
- Join the ITUC campaign to end gender-based violence at work!
- ILO report, Ending Violence in the World of Work, February 2019
- ITUC Tool Kit to End Gender-Based Violence at Work
- Fact Sheet: Women Workers in Agro-Industry
- Report: Challenging Corporate Power: Struggles for Women’s Rights, Economic & Gender Justice
- Report: Our Right to Safety