South African union activist Brenda Modise speaks with Solidarity Center Executive Director Shawna Bader-Blau in the first episode of The Solidarity Center Podcast, “Billions of Us, One Just Future,” which highlights conversations with workers (& other smart people) worldwide shaping the workplace for the better. Modise talks about the global campaign to end gender-based violence at work.
As we mark International Women’s Day, South African union activist Brenda Modise shares how union women around the world successfully pushed the International Labor Organization for adoption of Convention 190 to end gender-based violence and harassment (GBVH) at work, and talks about how unions in South Africa are part of a broad feminist network campaigning to end GBVH there.
- VIDEO: What is Gender-Based Violence at Work?
- South Africa’s C190Can Campaign
- VIDEO: Brenda Modise and union activists campaign to end GBVH at work
- Fact Sheet: C190 Explained
- More information on the global campaign to ratify C190